Conn's Announces Appointment of Chief Accounting Officer and Retirement of Retail President
- George Bchara Appointed as Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer
President of Retail
David W. Trahanto Retire after Thirty Years of Outstanding Service with the Company
In his role, Bchara will be responsible for managing the Company's
accounting, financial reporting and tax functions. Bchara will report
"George is a highly skilled accounting executive with a proven
track-record of improving efficiency and productivity within a company's
accounting department," said
Bchara joins Conn's from BankUnited, a publicly traded bank with a
market capitalization of over
Bchara holds an M.B.A. in Finance and Entrepreneurial Management from
As President of Retail, a position he has held since 2008, Trahan was
directly responsible for retail and distribution operations,
merchandising and product purchasing functions, as well as product
display and pricing operations. Since joining the Company, Trahan has
supported the massive expansion of Conn's retail segment, growing the
business from 20 stores with
"David has been a strong contributor to our Company for thirty years and
has helped transform Conn's into the successful specialty retailer it is
"It's been a privilege to work with one of the most recognized companies in the industry," said Trahan. I'm grateful for everything the Company and its employees have provided me with over the last thirty years and I look forward to what the next chapter in my life will bring."
About Conn's, Inc.
Conn's is a specialty retailer currently operating over 110 retail locations in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas.
The Company's primary product categories include:
- Furniture and mattress, including furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as both traditional and specialty mattresses;
- Home appliance, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges;
- Consumer electronics, including LED, OLED, Ultra HD, and internet-ready televisions, Blu-ray players, home theater and portable audio equipment; and
- Home office, including computers, printers and accessories.
Additionally, Conn's offers a variety of products on a seasonal basis. Unlike many of its competitors, Conn's provides flexible in-house credit options for its customers in addition to third-party financing programs and third-party rent-to-own payment plans.
News Provided by Acquire Media